Thursday, November 15, 2007

It Takes A Garden

The designer of this award gave it out to 10 people with this in mind: “I wanted to create something special for the top ten people who have inspired me through their blogging; the stories they tell, and the lives that they lead with grace and dignity. I visit their blogs for inspiration and encouragement.” I like to imagine the blog, Go! Smell The Flowers as kind of a "virtual community garden" ~ where fresh posts flowers are tended to not only by the resident caretakers, Jim 'n Em (two of the nicest people around) - but also by a community of readers who nurture the garden by contributing comments and posts, as well as answering provocative questions and participating in contests. (Remember the free flowers I won from their photo caption contest last week? Well, they were delivered yesterday to a certain someone who was totally taken by surprise...and they were also very beautiful!)
In keeping with tradition, I pass this UPLIFTING Award onto the following 10 bloggers who always make me smile...

Lisa OMYWORD Wines - OSOfunny, OSOwitty, and OSOawesome! I never miss a day-o.

Robert Crusty, the Redneck Canadian Curmundgeon of Observations From The Back 40 - He's a good ol' boy with a heart of gold and knack for story-tellin' that'll make you actually look forward to going to WalMart!

Mimzie of Mimzie's Musings - She's witty, funny, talented and opinionated - just ask her!

Speedy of Speedcat Hollydale Page- Speedy is a very talented and generous blogger who's "interesting" comments never fail to crack me up! (And it's so fun to make him blush!)

Mushy of Mushy's Moochings - Gen-u-ine with a capital "G!" Mushy's Vietnam war stories are especially interesting/enthralling. And his downhome food, beer, and music reviews are rockin'!

This Person Shall Remain Nameless...but she knows who she is because she is so AWESOME. She deserves this award not only because I love her and her blog(s), but also because she helped me overcome my terrible Diet Pepsi addiction. For which my Yankee cups are now eternally grateful.

MedStudentWife of Another Day In Paradise - What does a crazy funny lady's Deep Fryer have in common with moi? We both went missing in the mail and have stories to tell about it! I've grown quite fond of this woman, especially after she promised to make me a fur-lining for my cups this winter...brrrrr!!

Megha of Life In Black & White - This multi-tasking blogger extraordinaire is one of the nicest and most encouraging folks I've met! She's a professional smile-maker too! :)

Kellypea of Kellymentology - Kellypea's keen observations and essays on life are HILARIOUS - with an extra helping of sarcasm - just the way I like it!

You Lift Me Up!And dang it, but DrowsyMonkey already HAS one of these awards! But I reeeeeeally wanted to give it to her because she's ALWAYS around when I need a lift. In fact, she's ALWAYS around! So, I took the liberty of tweaking it a little bit in her honor (I hope the original designer will forgive me, just this once.) And, oh yeah...one more reason Drowsy gets this is because she awarded me with THIS:

Speedy Award!

Yep - it's the one & only, the original, Mr. Speedcat Hollydale's SPEEDY AWARD! In his own immortal words: "This award is meant for people that comment even when your post is dumb. They support you when your blog is all memed up, and when the chips are down. They stop by rain or shine, and prove that we can really be a community of interaction. Viva Los Hollydale!"

I simply MUST pass this on to Sugar Queens Dreams...whose blog is living proof that you CAN have your cake and eat it too! Here's a little sugar for ya, darlin'!

53 big ol' bodacious comments (so far...):

kellypea said...

Thanks, Olga. The feeling is completely mutual. Someone somewhere gave me one of these...wasn't it you? And does this mean I'm worth double the smiles? I'm going to have to make a trophy page bigger!

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Did I beat you here tonight???? Would be a COINKIDINK!!!

Speedcat Hollydale said...

OHHHHHHHH this one is REALLY nice.



Ohh yeah baby!!!

Speedcat Hollydale said...

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!


AHHHHHHHHH HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAA


You so cwazy

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

HEY!!!!!!!!! Come back here!

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Ha HA!!!!!!! Mind meld baby....Mindmeld!!!!!!!!

Speedcat Hollydale said...

Really now, that was CWAZY

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Frightening.....

Shiver.....

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

And here I was just "checkin my email" before I went to bed! HAHAA!

Speedcat Hollydale said...

I likie this awards page so much I am going to award "IT".


Does this blog have an overfloweth???

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Of course! I have an Overflowth Page & a Trophy Room! Doesnt everyone?

Speedcat Hollydale said...

Well, now you have more mail

Speedcat Hollydale said...

ALERT ALERT

Speedcat Hollydale said...

Some people have ONE blog .... how silly

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

My inbox is STUFFED! :)

Speedcat Hollydale said...

BANG BANG!!!!!!!!!!!

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

One blog? That's stooooopid! How many do you have now?? A million gajillion?

Speedcat Hollydale said...

My box is clean

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

I can change that ya know...

Speedcat Hollydale said...

I don't know anymore ??????

I have private photo blogs too ...


((blush))

Speedcat Hollydale said...

cats????


ha haaaaaaaa

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Hey - I love your Doc in the bathtub! :) With helmet & goggles! Too funnny!!!!!!!!!!

Speedcat Hollydale said...

litter?

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Private blogs? Hmmmm....I never THOUGHT of that! (well, maybe just a little...)

Speedcat Hollydale said...

I never make those .... TEENI does all that.

You alerted me to it!

Speedcat Hollydale said...

not nekkkid blogs, family stuff.


gosh

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Teeni makes your 3D Doc Avatars?!?! How COOL!!!!

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

WHO said anyting about nekkid?

gosh.


But now that you mention it.....

Speedcat Hollydale said...

I never make those .... TEENI does all that.

You alerted me to it!


(the MEEZ avatars)

Teeni changes them

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Teeni from Toronto?

Speedcat Hollydale said...

ha haaaaaaaaaa

Speedcat Hollydale said...

Nope .... Teeni from The Vagutarian Tea Room

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

The Vagutarian Tea Room??? Never been there!

LOL!!! This conversation would never exist outside of bloggyland!

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

....like most of our conversations...

Speedcat Hollydale said...

She is very nice ... one of my newer blog friends that runs with DCR, Debo Hobo, and Michelle from One of a kind Wisconsin

Speedcat Hollydale said...

She makes cake ..... you know how i love cake!!!

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

O I C! :) I'll have to check it out!

Did you have a nice visit with your folks today?

Speedcat Hollydale said...

Today my DAD made a tweet .... U see it???

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Which one!!!!!! LOL!!!! (You must be so proud!)

Speedcat Hollydale said...

Very nice .... we talked for 3 hours

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Awesome! Talking much better than typing....
Do you visit them often?

Speedcat Hollydale said...

He said, HEY



..... that's it!!!

I was showing him that I saved all of his emails. Every day I get one at lunchtime :-)

Speedcat Hollydale said...

I see them 2-3 times a month. Used to be a lot more when at my old job :(

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

I think I DID see that! But assumed it was you. :) Better watch out...soon he'll be Twittering & Texting & BLOGGING!!!!

Speedcat Hollydale said...

MAN did I eat ...... BOOYAH

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

Sounds like you have a nice relationship with your folks! :)

Speedcat Hollydale said...

NO chance of that!

He does email, then shuts down. Un-plugs the thing and all

Speedcat Hollydale said...

Sounds like you have a nice relationship with your folks! :)



Very much so. My best friends

Speedcat Hollydale said...

Think I might try and do a quick late night post!

Speedcat Hollydale said...

Yokally Dokally??

Speedcat Hollydale said...

C U TAMMARRAH ???????

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

ARG! Internet crashed!

Yes...see you tomorrow!

Smooooootch!!!!!

Olga, the Traveling Bra said...

And that's very VERY cool that you consider your folks your best friends! :)
I hope I will be so blessed with my own kids!

G'night!